This is a peer-led space for Black LGBTQ+ community. We hold space for ALL Black LGBTQ+ community, if you live at the intersection of being Black and LGBTQ+ you are welcome in this space.
- This space is open for you to to explore your identity, your history, where you came from and where you are.
- We welcome you to bring your entire self, regardless of where you are at in your journey.
- We welcome those that are unsure of their Black queer identity.
- This group is a space to learn and share about our collective experiences.
- Vulnerability is a strength.
- You are Black enough, you are queer enough.
- We welcome kindness and compassion.
- What is said here stays here.
- We give everyone an equal chance to take up space.
- No Microaggressions including misogynoir or colorism.
- It’s okay not to share, just listening is also valuable.
- We encourage you to meet your needs.
- Encourage exchanges that are respectful and mutual, in and out of this space.
- We ask for consent before giving advice.
- We use “I” statements.
- Collectively work together to create a safe space for healing and learning.
This space is made possible through collaboration between Peer Support Space & Persons With Mental Illness (PWMI).
If you have any questions or accessibility needs please email Dandelion[@]PeerSupportSpace.org