Cast Members of Pose Dominique Jackson and Hailie Sahar to Grand Marshal the Capital Pride ParadeMay 30, 2019
How to Enjoy More Romance as a CoupleJune 1, 2019
“Define yourself in your own terms, in terms of gender, race, anything. We are not what other people say we are. We are who we know ourselves to be, and we are what we love.” – Laverne Cox
Though not real estate focused, I want to list the top five things I’ve learned since transitioning and starting testosterone hormone therapy. Whether transitioning or not, I believe we can all relate or be inspired by these lessons.
1. Go with the flow and unconditionally accept yourself. Every day, I choose not to over explain my decisions throughout my transition. I also do not waste energy justifying my life to anyone.
2. There is not a single, approved path to selfhood. Your transition is complete when you declare it is.
3. Self-care is intensely important. Transitioning, to some, might feel like a selfish time period. However, there is nothing wrong with that.
4. Be open to unpredictability and uncertainty. I gained a lot of inner strength through accepting my transition in phases. I view my transition as an evolution with various snapshots of what I thought I wanted. There were moments when I thought I might be non-binary and there was a moment when I did not want to share my gender identity with anyone, let alone my body dysphoria. Now I am writing a blog about it!
5. Most importantly, it’s never too late to be who you are. Period!
I have taken these lessons learned and become the best version of myself. This has now made me a better real estate agent, spouse, and friend. Life is short. Live in a world you design.
Did you catch Trans Real Estate #2?