Let’s face it, we all want our favorite sex toys to follow us on that dream vacation we are taking with our love. Or perhaps we are traveling alone and want to be fully prepared for sexy time with a cutie or even ourselves.
Whatever the reason you travel with your “buddy”, we have all had that moment trying to clear security where panic rushes over us at the thought of a closer inspection of our bags. Have no fear! We sat down and spoke with Eva LeStrange of Lotus Blooms to talk about the do’s and don’ts.
Remember that the sex toy industry is a multi-million dollar industry and TSA agents have seen it all. Here are a few points to remember.
1. Check the big stuff. If you are traveling with BDSM gear or anything over seven inches, check it for a smoother process.
2. Whether in carry on or a checked bag, place all of your toys in clear plastic bags and label them “sex toys”. Place them on top so that your bag doesn’t have to be compromised more than necessary. One quick glance and everyone knows exactly what they are.
3. Remove batteries. It prevents your toys from turning on during the flight.
4. Make sure you inventory everything you bring. It doesn’t happen often, but if something is missing you want to make sure to keep a record.
5. Make sure you follow liquid guidelines for lube and other similar items. There is nothing worse than having an expensive product confiscated because you ignored TSA guidelines.
Above all, if you are selected for a closer look, be honest. TSA officers no more want to handle your personal items than you want them to. You are well within your rights to ask for a private screening and the guidelines are on your side. If you feel like you were violated in any way, ask for a supervisor. Travel safe and enjoy your sexy time!
Michelle Dowell-Vest is a travel coach and writer. She is owner of CitiNOOKS.com, an online travel magazine and booking agency. CitiNOOKS.com inspires you to travel more and often. Afterall, the world is expecting you.