The Dinah Shore Weekend is approaching on March 30 – April 3, 2016. And, this year the entertainment, celebrities, and parties are bigger than ever. One of the bands playing during the weekend is Hunter Valentine. We had a chance to speak to the lead singer of the band, Kiyomi Valentine before she hits the Dinah stage this year.
1. What is your favorite thing about being a part of the queer scene?
I guess it would just be that we have a great support system behind us.
2. Who is your favorite lesbian celebrity and why?
Probably Ellen Degenres. She’s has had an awesome career and works really hard. She also seems like she she is very grounded, despite all of her successes.
3. Do you have any regrets in life?
I try to learn from all of my mistakes and just grow and be better. So I would say that no, I don’t really have regrets.
4. Who or what inspires you?
Anyone who pushes the limits of trying to be great inspires me. People who dare to be different and stand behind that, inspire me.
5. When you’re not performing, what’s your favorite thing to do?
Cook, workout, explore, read, listen to music.
6. What are you most looking forward to during The Dinah weekend?
Playing our show definitely. Dinah really pulls in women from all over the world, so we get to see fans from all over the globe.
Click here to listen to Tagg Nation’s interview with Kiyomi in 2015.