Defend Yourself is hosting their LGBTQ self-defense class on October 25. Defend Yourself works to empower people—especially women and others targeted for abuse and assault—to end violence and create a world where they can be fully themselves.
In honor of the upcoming class designed specifically for the queer community, we give you the top five self-defense techniques you didn’t know you could use.
5. A Loud Voice Can Stop Someone In Their Tracks
4. You Don’t Have To Be Big Or Strong To Stomp On Someone’s Foot
3. Good Weapons Are All Around You
2. It’s Not The Size Of Dog In The Fight
1. Never Underestimate The Power Of A Good Groin Strike
For more tips and to register for Queer Without Fear: LGBTQ Self-Defense class, visit http://defendyourself.org.